What is Aromatic Solvent C10/NAPHTHA

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

What is Aromatic Solvent C10/NAPHTHA

Postby chadinha007 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:08 am

1st. This is NOT AVAILABLE in SOUTH AFRICA!!!
2nd. What is it - I have a recipe to make extract and this is needed for the Sally to form CRYSTALS.
3rd. Is this healthy and safe to use ???
4th. IF it is, is there anybody that is prepared to HELP and POST me some - OR does anybody know with what I can replace this with that is ready available in South Africa. :?:
chadinha007

Re: What is Aromatic Solvent C10/NAPHTHA

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:53 am

Lol, "healthy." Solvents are usually extremely toxic and highly flammable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naphtha#He ... iderations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naphtha#Health_hazards
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby chadinha007 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:01 am

Thank u for helping me
This is then NOT FOR ME
Can u help me in how to get crystals to form in my extract
Thank u
chadinha007

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:51 pm

I know a lot of people suggest Naptha and other solvents for extraction use, but since you are asking questions here I know your level of skill and knowledge in this area is low. The problem is Naptha and other solvents are toxic, and if you don't do your extraction properly, your crystals/plant material residue mixture will contain these impurities. For example, you would NEVER want to ingest the remnants of an extraction immediately afterwards. Some solvents quickly evaporate into their gaseous form at room temperature.

What's funny is that the brief description of temporary effects of naptha ingestion actually parallel salvinorin A. "Almost all volatile, lipid-soluble organic chemicals cause general, nonspecific depression of the central nervous system or general anesthesia." I doubt that my salvia experiences have been based solely around carcinogenic ingestion of impurities, but I would not be surprised if my trips were affected by nasty shit that got mixed in during the process (this is an unregulated substance after all). This is one reason to stick to natural ingestion methods (quid), aside from being murdered by the goddess for burning her/heating her up.

Also, if you end up with crystals, you are going to have a VERY difficult time making an adequate dose to vaporize. You should find a way to re-dissolve the crystals in a solvent, then use something like a Q-tip (there's probably a better way) to brush the solution onto a salvia leaf to make your own fortified extract. Then evaporate the solvent that's on the leaf and you have additional chemicals on the natural leaf. It would still be hard to dose, but you can probably experiment with how you cut up the leaf, etc. to find a good way to apply it... I don't really know I'm just coming up with ideas now aha.

We should ask chemistken about this.

---------------
Also check out the extraction guides I listed here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=323
Particularly this one: http://imageevent.com/sphere/salviadivi ... actiontech
Extraction guides at salviasource: http://www.salviasource.org/forum/index.php?board=50.0

---------------
How to do an extraction safely (thanks to histones of DMT nexus)
Personal protective equipment:
  1. Goggles
  2. Gas mask (dual cartridge respirator, no SARS-face masks)
  3. Nitrile gloves
  4. A vinyl smock/apron or poncho
  5. Appropriate footwear (closed toe shoes)
  6. Hair net if necessary
  7. Dedicated clothes (like paint clothes)

Additional safety equipment:
  1. First AID kit
  2. Unidirectional Air Flow (get serious about it) like multiple in line fans...
  3. Tarp on the floor
  4. Paper towels (lots)
  5. Hazardous waste recepticle

Setup steps:
  1. Avoid doing extractions inside your home. Do not do it in a garage or anywhere near flammable sources (furnaces, water heater, cars, lawn mower, etc.). Solvents often evaporate into a form heavier than air. This explosive gas can accumulate in basements, along the floors of a room, etc.
  2. "never eat or drink in your work space.. especially if you dont label your containers, i have seen naphtha in the mouth before."
  3. "Make sure you're in good health, ie: not hung over, not tripping, not drunk or stoned or other (during a 12 hour cook.. well, by the 10 hour mark.. well)"
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed May 04, 2011 8:07 am

Ulmdorgr wrote:Particularly this one: http://imageevent.com/sphere/salviadivi ... actiontech

SHANGRI-LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby woodlife » Wed May 04, 2011 8:17 am

Naphtha is pretty much Gasoline. It's one of the 6 Chemicals that make the Gasoline product, and you could actually pour it into your car tank and run off it with little to no difference.
Want to know a formula to make Gasoline? I don't have the %s (althought I use to) but it's these chemicals and might I say first that you'll recognize most of them. Benzene, Ethenol, Tolulene, Xylene, Naphta, Aceton, and depending on which company is making it, Alkaylate and or MTBE to replace the ethanol. That's how I know so much about those chemicals i've talked about previously. My job was to tell the Plant Operators, and Lab Techs, chemical cargo ships how much of each chemical they needed. Unfortunatly I was exposed to a very dangerious chemical called Aniline at the fualt of a company worker, and found myself with a settlement and a life long reminder of the incedent. I'm just glad to be alive.
woodlife

Return to General Discussion