Hollywood blockbuster "Inception"

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Hollywood blockbuster "Inception"

Postby jasonsalvia » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:25 am

Has anyone seen this movie yet?

I thought it was fantastic, a real mind fuck, will blow your mind!

The entering of dream worlds I felt was similar to my explorations with Salvia. I often have referred to Salvia trips as entering the "other"world, or entering the "dream" world.

These explorations made the movie all the more interesting.

Imagine shared salvia trips or a trip within a trip hahaha like in the film.
jasonsalvia

Re: Hollywood blockbuster "Inception"

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Sounds like lucid dreaming. People share dreams from time to time. I'm not one of those people.

"Shared trips" - just use an earthly substance like mescaline.
Ulmdorgr

Postby PipeGnome » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:02 pm

i have not seen that movie yet, thats next on my list, thank you for sharing, as i do not watch t.v. outside of movies or really good downloaded series shows (like breaking bad)
i finally recently watched avatar, and holy shit!! i dont know about anyone else, but i immediately related it to DMT.
PipeGnome

Postby NotZapple » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:11 am

I've been hearing such great things about this film. Definitely next on my list of movies to see.
NotZapple

Postby nothim » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:23 am

August Rush is a good film too.
nothim

Postby jasonsalvia » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:21 pm

PipeGnome wrote:i have not seen that movie yet, thats next on my list, thank you for sharing, as i do not watch t.v. outside of movies or really good downloaded series shows (like breaking bad)
i finally recently watched avatar, and holy shit!! i dont know about anyone else, but i immediately related it to DMT.

I have a TV but no channels whatsoever, I have my computer hooked up to my TV with an svideo converter and just watch downloaded stuff every once in awhile.

I love Breaking bad, great series, really miss it. Currently I watch entourage and am eagerly waiting to download Mad Men on the 25th...
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:13 pm

The Fountain
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Both August Rush and The Fountain do well on imdb.com and I like Aranofsky so I'm gonna look into getting these
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:36 pm

I own The Fountain. It's one of my favorites.

I also recommend Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Good Will Hunting, I Heart Huckabees, Ram Dass: Fierce Grace (only watch if you know who he is), and Requiem for a Dream.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:20 am

Ulmdorgr wrote:I own The Fountain. It's one of my favorites.

I also recommend Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Good Will Hunting, I Heart Huckabees, Ram Dass: Fierce Grace (only watch if you know who he is), and Requiem for a Dream.

Only one I haven't seen is I heart Huckabees, will get it too.
jasonsalvia

Postby jospez » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:48 am

Yeah I have seen the movie. Actually, I think I have seen it about 4 times jus to fully understand it. I agree that it is a real mind fuck. It kind of got me thinking and wondering if it is really true. And yeah, how about a trip within a trip within a trip with salvia just to plant that single notion. It is going to be awesome.
jospez

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:00 am

Dreams are the trippiest thing ever. Every day I wake up and I'm like, "Where the FUCK am I?!" Ahahahahahaha
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Unclejack » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Hello there,

It has been a while since I have seen Inception, but I thought the movie itself was a quite decent movie, but it only uses the concept of a dream world. I felt a bit left out on the possible implications and weirdness of these worlds, they provided us with a more real, mature and clear image of a world, the world wasn't all that different in the dreams than it was in the normal area's and was generally constructed by people (the 3 levels in the end). It ofcourse was more of an action-thriller than anything else, but I had hoped on some more personal exploration (the story of the main character and his wife was quite reasonable)/dialogue/viewer-confusion (still I had to watch it twice to understand most of the movie, but this weirdness was more based on the fact that the plot was so pumped up) based on the dreamworlds, and not just leaving the main concept of these worlds in the open for the viewer's own imagination. Basicly I thought it was a good movie but it left me a bit disappointed, I really expected crazy concepts of worlds and stories after hearing other people recommend it to me and I really think they should have played more with these dreamlike idea's and should have tried doing something more crazy, while still remaining an adult thriller (and not a fantasy picture).

As for the other movies, I haven't seen most of the them, only Requiem for a Dream to be honest, which was quite a movie.
Unclejack

Postby samchn07 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:40 am

it's a fantastic movie.everyone should have to see it i think minimum one time . very good story and action scenes.
sam chn
samchn07

Postby floranicolas » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Inception isn't a perfect movie. It's not even the best movie to come out this summer, given all the Sundance gems that pop up week after week, and it may or may not even be better than Christopher Nolan's last film, The Dark Knight. But love Inception or hate it, fans of good movies have to acknowledge that it's important, as a very expensive, very heavily marketed potential blockbuster that also happens to be totally original and more than a little bizarre.
floranicolas

Return to General Discussion