Lagochilus inebrians

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Re: Lagochilus inebrians

Postby DanG » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Very nice insight SF. I agree with all what you said. It's really all about the money, that's how the world works.
It has been for hundreds maybe thousands of years! It is really frustrating... I always have a thought at the back of my mind that what if the world works through pure actions and goodwill? That would be quite a sight. Instead money almost always screw everything up because it trains the ego to get something in return.. Hence the giver will always require something for the actions he/she might lend out to others. AND in a more fucked up way, this will lead to PIG GREED.

Gah. I have to revert back to my philosophy that i should just live and let live... To much negativity... I can go on for days on describing how the world is wrong.

Everyone has their own subjective way of thinking and they want to dominate by spreading their ideas. Is there really Truth in this world? Right and Wrong? Those things are just too confusing that i just gave up on them and decided to just live free. Do whatever, be a nihilist, be an agnositc, be a farmer, a garbage collector whatever.. I just don't think it matters. The universe is greater than my mind.
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

Use Your Cellphone Camera for Close-up/Macro Photography
DanG

Postby SF » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 am

its really sad that we have the capabilities to have heaven on earth and we chose to stay ignorant and let others do our thinking for us.
If you look back on history the smartest people in the world were not carpenters mechanics farmers musicians botanist scientist THEY WERE ALL OF THESE THINGS.

TO train the mind you must dabble in every direction. This is the only way to advance your thinking.
SF
Site Admin

Postby DanG » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:42 am

I remember a talk i attended back in college. The speaker talked about 10+ levels of intelligence. I couldn't remember them all but it's similar to what you've said. He stressed at mastering all these levels and i asked him what will you do when you mastered them all. He just said that it was impossible, too difficult to do.

i told him if ever someone perfected all of them then just share it to the world. Help someone else to reach your level and maybe both of you can figure out another level. Something like that...

anyway, don't stress man! it's not worth it!
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby SF » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:54 pm

DanG wrote:I remember a talk i attended back in college. The speaker talked about 10+ levels of intelligence. I couldn't remember them all but it's similar to what you've said. He stressed at mastering all these levels and i asked him what will you do when you mastered them all. He just said that it was impossible, too difficult to do.

i told him if ever someone perfected all of them then just share it to the world. Help someone else to reach your level and maybe both of you can figure out another level. Something like that...

anyway, don't stress man! it's not worth it!

that is exactly what i was talking about. our ego holds most of us back. We have it programmed into our brains that if we study a subject long enough we know everything there is to know about it. Once you began this line of thinking you will never truly advance your thinking or understand anything from any other point of view.
SF
Site Admin

Postby DanG » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Then i know nothing! haha
I understand how some older people won't like change in their way of living. It's difficult to let go of the ideas one have for 50+ years. I'm just fortunate to be able to realize this when i'm still young.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:03 am

It's more about biological than you may think. "Intellectual" satisfaction is as basic as sexual desire. "Success" is all derived from reward pathways set up in the brain. When something satisfactory occurs, our brains flood ourselves with signals that equal the stimulus of dopamine receptors. So, such pleasure and contentment rivals the release of endorphins after sex (which are opiates; that's why you want to sleep after), slamming a dose of meth, or even smoking salvia.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:38 am

I learned something new today!
A scientific way of looking at the ego. Thanks man!
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby SF » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:27 pm

The only reason i do not consider myself as an ignorant sheep like most people i meet in life, i think its because of the fact that ever since i was a little kid i wanted to know how everything worked and i didnt care how long it took i just wanted to understand how and why it worked.

I used to drive my family mad asking hundreds of questions a day with not very many real responses.

This was also carried on to my adult hood where i now have an obsession with researching some of my most favorite topics to no end.
It may sound boring but it seems the more to concentrate and the more you learn the easier it is to pick up new information and ways of thinking.

I might be slightly OCD or something and i get my lowercase b and d mixed up a lot even still today. I have bad grammar problems and most people think its because i am stupid or something. I believe its just because i was never really interested enough in perfecting my grammar or spelling.

I mean now days i try my best to make what i type at least look some what presentable but then on the other hand i know its not.

I guess it doesn't help that i went to a school were the teachers didnt really care about teaching or if there students were actually learning anything.

I believe we need a lot of change in the school system if a student fails then so does the teacher in my opinion. If you cant teach then work at burger king and stop wasting our children's time. They could be using that time to actually learn something.

i guess ill quit my ranting while its some what short hah
SF
Site Admin

Postby DanG » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 am

I was like that too when i was a younger. When somebody told me to do something that didn't make sense to me i question always it. I haven't figured it out why i started out like that.. :?: School is a system and not all systems apply to everyone. We are just fortunate to have the opportunity to learn what we want to learn when we got out of school. So be glad where you are now!

Chill man! I suggest you focus on the now :) Leave the past behind as it can drag you down with all that negativity.
To tell you the truth, I've just realized yesterday that when we always look at the negative aspects of the world we tend to forget looking within ourselves. We forget to clean up ourselves...
I am not perfect, i'll be the first to admit that. I have so much anger in me and i've finally scratched the surface on how to let that go. It's a nice feeling man! Letting go of all that bad vibes.

I've read a few chapters of Nietzche(shit to read :lol: ) and he preached that man will always have the will to dominate. I interpret that as a person wanting to make the external variables coincide with his/her subjective beliefs. So i looked within myself and think if i am like that. I've realized that I may want the world to be like that movie shambu posted but i'm not optimistic that it will happen anytime soon because i put on this defensive mode and tell myself if that doesn't happen then it doesn't. I try to let go of that potential disappointment.

Anyway, i just think that it is easier to change my way of viewing the world instead of changing the world. It's simpler to me and so far it's effective :)

Try to let go man and just live! :D
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby SF » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 pm

I understand what your saying but i do not normally concentrate on negativity or at least i try not to. I seem to focus on everything in every aspect of life. You have to take the bad with the good.

I think of life as a path. This path will have many different directions and we may chose to go one way or the other. Along this path we will have hard times as well as great times unforgettable happenings good or bad.

The main thing is getting past all the bad times to get back to the good. The bad times are like bumps in the road just drive over them slowly till the road becomes smooth again. Smooth Sailing :)

I understand a lot of people feel that i think to much but i feel people do not think enough.
SF
Site Admin

Postby nothim » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:06 am

Shut me down!!!
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 pm

IT'S ALIVE!
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 pm

i ve been inebriated by (in or with) joy the whole day!
' can not believe my eyes!!!
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:03 pm

:D
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:48 am

lago is doing fine!
nothim

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion