Khat

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Khat

Postby jasonsalvia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:31 am

Hey,

Just curious, anyone know anything about Khat or Qat?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat

Sadly Khat is illegal in US/Canada and most of Europe..

JasonSalvia
jasonsalvia

Re: Khat

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:45 am

It's a stimulant that is used to enhance productivity (or used recreationally as a social drug).

It's illegal because it would put the amphetamine/methamphetamine producers (ritalin/desoxyn/adderal) out of business. It's also another way to oppress minorities.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:It's a stimulant that is used to enhance productivity (or used recreationally as a social drug).

It's illegal because it would put the amphetamine/methamphetamine producers (ritalin/desoxyn/adderal) out of business. It's also another way to oppress minorities.

I wouldn't be surprised if the alcohol companies felt threatened by Kava Kava as well....
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:59 pm

They're threatened by everything. If we legalized all drugs, there would be a huge shift in economics and business.
Ulmdorgr

Postby ChemistKen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:38 pm

There's always the possibility that MJ may be legal in California soon...then that may help spread legalization of MJ and other herbs throughout the states...
ChemistKen

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Yeah, we have to stay optimistic, educated, vocal, and keep pushing.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:19 am

ChemistKen wrote:There's always the possibility that MJ may be legal in California soon...then that may help spread legalization of MJ and other herbs throughout the states...

I'm hoping Cally is the first dominoe to fall in a series of dominoes..
jasonsalvia

Postby ChemistKen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 am

Well Cali sometimes does influence other "open" states...I personally do not smoke MJ but think it should legalized...it should be legal to those who want to use it. And other herbs such as sally d and others should stay legal. I say make all of these wonderful plants should be legal...
ChemistKen

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:33 pm

+1, Ken. Be sure to vote in November!
RocketeerJim

Postby ChemistKen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:42 pm

This is the one thing that absolutely needs to be voted for...
ChemistKen

Postby SF » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:14 pm

yea its pretty bad when you make the most beneficial plant on the planet illegal not to mention its been used as a religious sacrament in almost every religion and shamans/healers all over the world have used it.. its only a chance to have unlimited Food, Medicine, Fiber and Oil(plastic). But some people think it should be illegal.

You know what i think should be illegal ? Fast food, because fast food and bad eating habbits will kill you faster then most anything. But this is American and it should be a free country, so just because i think eating fast food should be illegal doesnt make it right. If someone wants to eat Mc donalds everyday then that is there business. Because when it comes down to it there only hurting themselves.
If we cared about people hurting there selves then we would make, tats, fast cars, alcohol, tobacco and unprotected sex illegal. but since its just about control money and power then they just make drugs illegal because its only natural for people to use drugs/medicine. And its one of the biggest markets in the world. Cannabis is one of the safes drugs/medicine on the planet period if you think other wise then your wrong FACT.

i watched on the news the other day, the woman reporter said shamans have been dabbling in cannabis as medicine for a long time. This is the most ignorant way to put that. Shamans or healers didnt and do not dabble, they use or dont use. its that simple it works or it doesnt. luckily cannabis is so effective for so many conditions and aliments that is really makes us wonder if this is the tree of life for the healing of the nation.

When you have one plant that helps so many conditions and it was legal no one would buy the crap that big pharma trys to push. Thats why, you cant patent a plant.

Sometimes i feel this is all happening because of the new age we are all starting to realize things that we never before have, in some cases we are starting to gain common sense. But for some people we think of things as common sense and it completely amazes us when we come to find out how uncommon it really is.
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:30 pm

Actually, you can patent a plant. Like 90% of soy beans produced in the U.S. are GMOs, and all of them are owned by one company: Monsanto (a dirty corporation that puts farmers out of business).
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:Actually, you can patent a plant. Like 90% of soy beans produced in the U.S. are GMOs, and all of them are owned by one company: Monsanto (a dirty corporation that puts farmers out of business).

I think that has something to do with a genetically altered plants. You might be able to patent a strain, or genetics but i do not believe you can patent the scientific plant name if that were the case no one could grow or sell them without permission from the patent holder

But yes they genetically alter plants for things like Resistance to weedkillers so that the farmers can put tons of poisonous weedkiller in the soil of the huge fields of corn or beans and maybe others as well.

I have been to farms that grew corn like that but they said it was for feed for horses or other animals perhaps.
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:21 pm

if that were the case no one could grow or sell them without permission from the patent holder

That's what I'm saying, though. The system is flawed because, although the law doesn't say you can patent an entire species, our commercial growing system has enabled companies like Monsanto to acquire seed monopolies and are able to punish anyone who tries to grow plants from new seeds (with their GMO soy beans, you can only get one harvest out of their seeds, or they sue you; see the documentary "Food, Inc."). It wouldn't be a big deal, but you can't get any other seed.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:04 pm

that's insane i will definitely check out that movie thanks for the tip.
SF
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion