Calea Zacatechichi

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Calea Zacatechichi

Postby jasonsalvia » Tue May 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Hey,

For fun, I just ordered from iamshaman a dreamers blend tea/smoke along with my usual kratom:

Blend - Dreamer's Blend Tea/Smoke
We have combined 4 powerful dreaming herbs with one sleep-inducing herb for this Burning Blend. Contains organically crafted Calea Zacatechichi (used by Mazatec shamans to induce vivid dreams), a rare African Dream Herb, Blue Vervain (used by Pawnee Indians), as well as Wild Lettuce (well-known dreaming aid). California Poppy is added to aid in ensuring restful sleep. Some Dreamer's Blend made into a tea and also rolled into a cigarette at bedtime may help induce more vivid dreaming.

Anyone try this or something similar?

Jasonsalvia
jasonsalvia

Re: Calea Zacatechichi

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue May 25, 2010 10:21 pm

I haven't seen anywhere that Mazatecs used it. Wikipedia references this document that says the Chontal of Oaxaca (same area as Mazatecs) used it: http://www.lycaeum.org/leda/docs/16295.shtml?ID=16295.

I would like to try these sort of things some time. I've never lucid dreamed.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Wed May 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Interesting, I'll let you know what the gods say in my dreams when I get it ;)
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed May 26, 2010 6:01 pm

I've heard that kava kava can be used as a sleeping aid. I also know you can get a good high off of a high dose. The good thing about kava kava is you can buy it at just about any major grocery store (a.k.a. corporate drug dealers).
Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Thu May 27, 2010 7:37 am

I typically drink Kava kava on Sunday nights to settle down from the weekend and go to sleep early to wake up early for work on Monday. Its very relaxing and I prefer it to alcohol. I wish we had a kava bar in town.
jasonsalvia

Postby nothim » Thu May 27, 2010 11:49 am

does your liver hurt in any way after the drink or on the next days ?
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu May 27, 2010 12:07 pm

boolie see the other thread about this; the liver issue was due to pharmaceutical companies selling dietary supplements (pills) that used ethanol or acetone to extract it (which is an improper extraction method).
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 pm

got it , sorry, did not study on kava, though it was the first plant i had in my mind to start with, but it did not happen , nor with lagochilus , nor with blue water lily, nor with silene capensis, i am sad about lagocilus :( :? :oops:
nothim

Postby jasonsalvia » Thu May 27, 2010 3:04 pm

boolie2010 wrote:does your liver hurt in any way after the drink or on the next days ?

None whatsoever. I get my Kava Kava from iamshaman. I take 3 teaspoons, it tastes awful. You drink it fast, like a shot. Your tongue will go numb. I find it very relaxing, many say its a good social drug.

boolie2010 wrote:got it , sorry, did not study on kava, though it was the first plant i had in my mind to start with, but it did not happen , nor with lagochilus , nor with blue water lily, nor with silene capensis, i am sad about lagocilus :( :? :oops:

I steeped blue lotus leaves in red wine, didn't notice much though, just more relaxing...
jasonsalvia

Postby nothim » Fri May 28, 2010 4:15 am

it is about the flower or flower buds in wine, in order to work , see sacred weeds the bue water lily episode!!!!
nothim

Postby jasonsalvia » Sat May 29, 2010 6:51 pm

The Calea Zacatechichi dreamers blend was a real nice smoke in my new little ice water bong. Have not had any vivid dreams yet, just feel nice and peaceful after smoking.

It reminds me of smoking hookah or a good cigar, just sit back take your time and smoke away for a moderate relaxation...

After research, I heard drinking it as a tea is just plain horrible so I skipped that. Rolled it into a joint and it was harsh and not too pleasant. But the bong was delightful...
jasonsalvia

Return to General Discussion