Are there any medical uses for salvia?

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Are there any medical uses for salvia?

Postby Kiramaykill » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:33 am

Or any plants other plants out there with medical uses
Kiramaykill

Re: Are there any medical uses for salvia?

Postby nothim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:30 am

LOADS
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:08 am

If salvia had medical value, aside from experimental psychological treatment, it wouldn't become a schedule I substance like it has.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby dreamyone » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:18 am

mj has significant medical value and almost everywhere its in 1 list. These lists do express just fantasy of goverment. :D
dreamyone

Postby nothim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:54 pm

what about those who can not cope with death, or loss, or surgery, or reumathism, or unresolved issues in life, ----- what about those who met a few points from above and , they could handle it better if they knew about Its existance , but they were taught wrong (wrong culture) and they have no idea about plants and their potential.....
it is schedule one just because of that-----
that modern society has no solution -- and the drug company have to gain the monopole, they have to sell vaccine and other chemicals for the greed of money, do you think they care if you die of their powders?, do you think they would like a natural competition like natural medicine....., how would they make their money after? the same for the alcohol and tigarrettes companies.... and many , many others-----
matrix film says it all --- they have to blind us , that is why is schedule one, they try to cover the truth, and keep us in lie, and , do you think that if the soldiers have felt it , would have they gone to war any longer?, i do not think so, ---......
and of course , they do not know , what it is , cause they are chickens, and it is just easy to say away with it , let's go with the flow....
final -----free will----live you life by their book or yours , you are you who makes the decision....
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:46 pm

dreamyone wrote:mj has significant medical value and almost everywhere its in 1 list. These lists do express just fantasy of goverment. :D

Aha yeah true dat.

Yeah boolie, prohibition sucks.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Sun May 30, 2010 2:32 pm

boolie2010 wrote:what about those who can not cope with death, or loss, or surgery, or reumathism, or unresolved issues in life, ----- what about those who met a few points from above and , they could handle it better if they knew about Its existance , but they were taught wrong (wrong culture) and they have no idea about plants and their potential.....
it is schedule one just because of that-----
that modern society has no solution -- and the drug company have to gain the monopole, they have to sell vaccine and other chemicals for the greed of money, do you think they care if you die of their powders?, do you think they would like a natural competition like natural medicine....., how would they make their money after? the same for the alcohol and tigarrettes companies.... and many , many others-----
matrix film says it all --- they have to blind us , that is why is schedule one, they try to cover the truth, and keep us in lie, and , do you think that if the soldiers have felt it , would have they gone to war any longer?, i do not think so, ---......
and of course , they do not know , what it is , cause they are chickens, and it is just easy to say away with it , let's go with the flow....
final -----free will----live you life by their book or yours , you are you who makes the decision....

BOOLIE FOR PRESIDENT!
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun May 30, 2010 4:40 pm

If I was a licensed psychologist and naturopath I would use entheogens for just that.

Psilocybin is currently being prescribed and used under therapy sessions for the terminally ill; I think it's great! McKenna's archaic revival is coming into the mainstream and people don't even realize it.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Sun May 30, 2010 11:07 pm

@Jimmy,

:lol: i am a f bum and you want to put me president?

:lol: i am afraid i have to leave(let, pass, deliver , not sure which verb fits here best ) that responsability to those who truly indeed aim to become presidents , that was their purpose-that is their limit(ideal) in life , their final goal......, i...................love the rain !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm6xyFXDhNE

i found this while i was searching the thx film...,it is a good film too...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_(film)
nothim

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon May 31, 2010 10:25 am

I've never listened to Lenny before. The timber of his voice sounds a lot like Don Henley.

I like Viggio Mortensen. He has a slow-burning intensity about him. I saw him in Violent Tendencies. He definitely had them. I'll look for The Road on my Netflix service.
RocketeerJim

Postby ChemistKen » Mon May 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Before I became a Chemistry major in college I was a psychology major...so I can tell you that I would definitely prescribe sally d to someone rather then some of the medications out there...I believe there should be a balance of pharmeceuticals and natural herbs...put it this way, nature has been perfecting itself for longer then we could imagine, don't you trust nature has the cures we need alot of the time?
ChemistKen

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon May 31, 2010 4:44 pm

Aren't most synthetic drugs actually close facsimiles for items found in nature but not found in large enough quantity to mass process?
RocketeerJim

Postby ChemistKen » Mon May 31, 2010 5:06 pm

Well they are identical to the ones in nature if they exist there. I mean the difference between natural Salvinorin A in salvia divinorum and Salvinorin A synthesized in a lab is that its made in a lab(and actually contains alot of complicated reactions with a low yield of product overall), otherwise the compounds are identical and have the same effect on us...
ChemistKen

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon May 31, 2010 6:12 pm

There are some who theorize that the formation of a compound affects the compound (i.e. biological synthesis is better than if it comes from a lab). I don't believe that, because I have no evidence.
Ulmdorgr

Postby ChemistKen » Mon May 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:There are some who theorize that the formation of a compound affects the compound (i.e. biological synthesis is better than if it comes from a lab). I don't believe that, because I have no evidence.

Well there may be some truth in your fiction and some fiction in your truth... As far as the synthesis of the compound it wouldn't matter if it was nature-made or man-made except that nature does a much better job at it. But one has to remember that there are many chemicals in the plants and some plants have chemicals that can work with or against other chemicals, so when one uses a raw natural chemical by smoking or ingesting a leaf or root they may be taking in other chemicals that help the one of interest.
ChemistKen

Return to General Discussion