Can Salvia Divinorum be considered "Evil?"

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Re: Can Salvia Divinorum be considered "Evil?"

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon May 03, 2010 6:13 pm

So you're developing a theory around karma (cause and effect)... If you can come up with some sort of gradient at least we'd see some of the grey filled in.

Meaning and values are all arbitrary. Given genetics, I think the connection between utilitarianism and "good" and the primary directives of life (consume to ensure reproduction) go hand in hand. However, some philosophies clearly break the trend, such as asceticism.

NOT philosophy related
I have such a poor memory, the journey (the path I have taken) is lost to me. I cannot wait to try intrabuccal salvia because I am predicting that it will be much more fulfilling. I just had another experience over the weekend, and although it was beneficial, I, like all psychonauts, have again experienced grief (the eternal comedown) at not achieving the desired effect.

In the future I hope that we can come up with a way to intravenously saturate the blood stream of a patient for as long as they want to trip for, at their requested plateau (this, of course, would require much experimentation on a person to person basis). Then the person could experience the "other side" for as long as they want, instead of based on metabolism and one time dosage.
Ulmdorgr

Postby bookworm » Tue May 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Sort of like Karma, but not really spiritual like that. I'm thinking more in practical, immediate terms. I'm with you on your interpretation of meaning, values, and utilitarianism. As for asceticism, it achieves the same purpose of improving the individual's lot, just not in a material sense. At least, I hope the ascetic is getting some spiritual benefit from his practice, or else he's just masochistic. Which is still beneficial, because he enjoys it, lol. These arguments can go on forever. :)

I'm sorry your experience wasn't what you hoped. This makes me nervous... I hope when I try to meet her she'll show up for me.
bookworm

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed May 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Yup. Philosophy is infinite in itself.

I've never had a bad experience with salvia, and it's great because it is very safe for me (I sit pretty still when I'm under the influence). Smoking will not allow you to meet her, I can tell you that for sure. From what I can tell, the traditional method must be attempted in a very strict fashion in order to coax her appearance.
Ulmdorgr

Postby jospez » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:56 am

hey maybe your friend tried salvia after trying something else, and there's some sort of reaction, the bad kind of reaction, that's why she considered it as evil. I think all of us in this forum would consider it as the bomb! the greatest stuff ever. has your friend tried it? or maybe it is just something he or she heard or read about somewhere that's why he or she is prejudiced.
jospez

Postby Loki » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 pm

all i have to say is salvia comes from one of the most psycoactive plant areas on earth!it is not like LSD or other mand made "drugs". Is it "EVIL" my oppnion is no it is not! i know that if you fight to stay under control or if you aer not relaxed you can have a bad trip or no trip at all.

side note; you should live life as yours, not as someone elses. so have fun with it! 8-)
i suck at spelling!
Loki

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Word, dude. The goddess is near me at all times. Just the other day I met a woman named "Sage" (a.k.a. salvia). That blew my mind!
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby SF » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:09 pm

this reminds me of a movie.

Remember on Starwars where luke is being trained in the woods by yoda and has to go into a unknown part of the woods. He asked yoda, Whats in there? Yoda replies, Only what you take with you.

That's the same ways with these types of experiences, in my opinion.
SF
Site Admin

Postby nothim » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:49 pm

10 +
nothim

Postby SF » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:Word, dude. The goddess is near me at all times. Just the other day I met a woman named "Sage" (a.k.a. salvia). That blew my mind!

Get posts, i like this one a lot. These things happen to me all the time as well. its very reassuring to know i am not the only one.
SF
Site Admin

Postby SF » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:35 pm

nothim wrote:10 +

:)
SF
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion