Calea zacatechichi

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Calea zacatechichi

Postby ChemistKen » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:35 am

I stumbled upon this "dream Herb", calea zacatechichi, and I want it...and I want to share it...

So I was wondering if anyone has heard of it, grown it, currently has a plant, or even used it?

I can seeds relatively cheap so I'm considering...or if someone has seen a cheap plant somewhere I would take a look at that.
ChemistKen

Re: Calea zacatechichi

Postby nothim » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:17 am

it is nice and spicy, and smells a bit like a tomato plant , you can smoke the leaves, but i would not recommend it that way, you can get a tea of a plain handfull dry or green leaves, you can chew it but is bitter and spicy aswell , it grows bushy and very firm , woody stem , very resistent , it does not require a greenhouse once established, it has a beatiful light green color,
if you do it , you feel relaxed, the thoughts are cristal clear, your mind is clear, you think fast and easy and simple..., when you dream , the dreams are more real , sometimes may happen, sometimes may not, sometimes the dreams are weird,--- it cleans(cleanses) the body, ---you can have the tea in the morning, and it will give you a buzz(relaxation, chill, slow motions., face muscle relaxation, too...) in 20 min after , and at night or the next night you will dream , you can read more on wikipedia !!!!
it is ok, you can have the tea with honey and drink it slowly, but do not mix it with sour juices like lemon and stuff cause it is crap, --- it is good for preventing colds....,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 464628779/

they do well in a mix of cow dung(flop), forest soil and sand , they love sunny days, but direct sun during hot summer is not good, a shade will do though, what else, i like its form and color , and it will make a nice house plant
nothim

Postby ChemistKen » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Yea I don't smoke stuff...I'm a herbal tea sort of guy which is why I want to grow it fresh...I'm hoping I can make some really good teas by summer 8-)

Calea seems like my type of herb, I'm a lucid dreamer, and something which can calm/soothe me and create more vivid dreams is my type of thing.
ChemistKen

Postby SF » Sat May 08, 2010 12:18 pm

ChemistKen wrote:I stumbled upon this "dream Herb", calea zacatechichi, and I want it...and I want to share it...

So I was wondering if anyone has heard of it, grown it, currently has a plant, or even used it?

I can seeds relatively cheap so I'm considering...or if someone has seen a cheap plant somewhere I would take a look at that.

Calea Z, Is a very interesting plant. it is in the mint family. I used to grow this plant a few years ago till i gave it away. I smoked the leaves and noticed the effects. I cant really explain the effects but its kinda like you have more concentration maybe slight dreamy effect.

I have made tea out of the leaves but i found that the best method was to put the leaves in a bottle of wine. I used to make home made wine, from cherry trees. blackberry, and apples. Anyways i think that the wine extracts the goodies better then the water and kinda mask the taste. Depending on what strain of Calea you have some of them are really bitter and some are less bitter. I had one of the less bitter varieties. I think GreenMan44 sells the seeds. i would check his ebay store docgreen44
SF
Site Admin

Postby Chewy » Sun May 09, 2010 11:14 am

Man sf you should make a batch of wine up. that sounds awsome!!!!!!!!!!
Chewy

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun May 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Dude... we could start a calea wine company...
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Mon May 10, 2010 5:44 am

i thought of a nimphea carulea....wrong spelling , i .no., blue lotus flower works smooth in wine, there is a huge nice and calm lake here, with lots of lotuses, but it is not the blue one, if i can get some by chance , i will give it a go and submerge there with scuba devices and plant them , the water is not deep , but i do not want to attract any attention, it will be a kick ass adventure, how to get those blue lotuses by the way?
these lotuses thrive here like bees, i hope i will not forget to photo them.
does the blue wine lotus experience worth the effort ?

does anyone know what hieronymus bosch ingest for his vision paitings?

i appreciate for the answers!
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon May 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Bosch... 1516's in the Netherlands... I don't think he would have been tripping on anything. Amanitas muscaria might have been available to him, but in christianized areas, particularly back in the day, these sort of things were manifestations of satan... Who knows.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Tue May 11, 2010 9:17 am

f lol

do not be so sure about that period, they were smarter than we may think , and they had access to a lot of plants lost forgotten----what if he just drank this:
http://www.grailtrail.ndo.co.uk/Grails/brandy.html

for a jump into the garden of earthly delights

he could do !
nothim

Postby dreamyone » Tue May 11, 2010 10:56 am

What about absinthe? it allegedly has stronger effects then any other alcohol (of course its because it has 70vol. :D )
My aunt grows wormwood which is main ingredient of absinthe, but as far as i tried it (wormwood), it has no special effects, but it wonderfully eases stomach ache.
dreamyone

Postby nothim » Tue May 11, 2010 11:15 am

i thought of absinthe aswell, i did not dare though, i am not into alcohol, i heard that the effects are weird, and the liver will end up nailed....
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue May 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Thujone of wormwood is a strange chemical that affects GABA receptors and is a 5-HT3 antagonist (a serotonin blocker, basically). I think its more of a pain killer and a trip killer, because LSD is a 5-HT family agonist (primarily 5-HT2A). I'm not sure what affect it has on GABA (and on which receptors in particular), but I think thujone, benzodiazepines, and barbiturates have similar effects.

I should probably read some of the reports on erowid before making that conclusion...
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Sun May 23, 2010 2:22 am

20 celsius indoor, shade in the window, 1 or 2 meters away from window....
Attachments
calea z rooting in water.jpg
nothim

Return to General Discussion