Official Coleus Thread

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Official Coleus Thread

Postby slinky » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Recently, It seems as if everywhere you look, somebody is asking about coleus, reporting on strong effects or lack thereof, and wondering if they have the right one. Being scientifically minded people, with a hunger for knowledge, I think that the time is right to start and finish a collaborative project to set the record straight about Coleus. It's a big project, mostly because of all of the myths on the web, but with enough people working together, sharing their results, sharing data, and using STANDARDS ( notice that I said standard=the same), it could be a fun thing. Any of you on the forum that have some insight into the subject, share your information here to keep it all easier to find. On my part, I have several coleus plants of different types that have shown promise, a specimen of the trailing coleus 'pumulis', and the desire to debunk this. Over the coming months, maybe even longer, I will be using different methods of ingestion, dosages, plant parts, different plants, different settings, combinations, double-blind bioassays on multiple subjects, laboratory-type tests, etc, etc. For those species that i find active, I may send cuttings/samples at some point to people on the forum with a good background/reputation. For the skeptics, keep an open mind with all botanicals; Salvia Div. was once thought to be placebo. If you wouldn't get good effects from smoking standard salvia leaf from a cigarrette, why in the world would people expect coleus to?
anything that i post here is fictional, for my entertainment, and not to be taken seriously.
slinky

Re: Official Coleus Thread

Postby slinky » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:10 pm

The varieties that I have are one type with texture similar to alligator skin, slightly serrated leaves, and dark red/ light red/ dark purple in the middle. That is the one that I have had experiences with in the past. The next type is a light green coleus with yellow veins crisscossing through the leaf, giving it a grainy texture. The third type is mostly red/ purple with ruffled serrated edges, and a streak of pink, red in the middle. It looks a lot like perillas do sometimes, but shares traits with coleus. It's really hard to differentiate between coleus and perilla. The fourth, which is a trailing coleus with blade-shaped leaves, is purple/pink/red, veriagated with other similar hues. It is too small for a harvest. I have a large quantity of freshly harvested foliage and flowers from the first type, 1-2 grams of dry foliage of the second type, and a huge amount of fresh leaves of the third type. The first thing that I will be testing with all three is whether or not smoking produces effects (have had very noticeable effects from smoking the first type).
anything that i post here is fictional, for my entertainment, and not to be taken seriously.
slinky

Re: Official Coleus Thread

Postby slinky » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:09 pm

After carrying out my experiment(s), it seems like there are a few new things that need investigation. I prepared fresh and dried samples of foliage and flower tissue from the Type 1 coleus(textured, green rim on outside, red/purple in middle), fresh and dried samples of the Type 2 coleus (all light green, smaller than type 1, yellow-green veins throughout leaf, serrated edges), and dried samples of the Type 3 coleus/perilla. The Type 4, or the trailing coleus/ Pumulis, fell victim to the same water/land/aerial fungus that claimed my stevia and Ipomea Pes-caprae(it is starting to attack more and more plant types). The samples were bio-assayed with the following procedures: for inhalation tests, the specimens are loaded into a water pipe, while under the influence of no drug and not having used any other drug for a good time beforehand(this goes for all testing), continuous heating of specimen and continuous inhalation, and holding smoke for ~30 seconds before exhalation. For oral use, the specimens are fresh, foliage cut into strips, and held in mouth in cheeck or under tongue, not swallowing juices until neccesary, in wads about the same volume as a pack of gum. Data sheet will be posted within the next few days, with data such as day, dose, administration method, written reports, physical data like temperature, heartbeat rate, pupil constriction, and other noticed negative side- effects. Just need to gather up the reports into one smooth flowing document, and upload.
slinky

Return to General Discussion