My thoughts on this whole thing....

Everything else. If you don't know where to post a topic, post it here.

Re: My thoughts on this whole thing....

Postby anoveltyaffair » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:09 pm

While I appreciate your apology message, I still feel I have a right to respond to your attacks here as well. It's only fair, right?

sounds like a fake story written by a propaganda pushing drama queen, am i wrong?

Ok, the blog was not mine, which you mentioned in a post further on, so I appreciate that. Just something I felt like sharing. I'm sorry if I thought that that was the whole basis of forums-sharing, debating, and discussing, not blatantly attacking because someone posted something that you assumed was spam or just didn't like.

Need more proof your a spammer? not very many normal everyday blog posters use short links but know who does? SPAMMERS

Excuse me for being intelligent enough to use short links. I wasn't aware that only spammers had the authority to use them. And again, not my blog.

I searched "http://bit.ly/SalviaD" on google and turns out she posted the same link on

http://horseandhomes.com/index.html?PHP ... d3f152e714

My favorite musician, Ronnie Day, says it does in his blog: http://bit.ly/SalviaD I was thinking of trying it... Is he right?

now she is asking if salvia is bad as if she isn't spamming the link

As Gollum from lord of the rings would say "tricky little hobbit" haha sorry guys had to add that.

Not me, dear, though I do love the LOTR reference. Huge fan. Oh, and I think it's "sneaksy little hobbit." I may be wrong, though. It's most likely another fan of Ron's music and/or what he had to say on his blog. If you want to see where I have shared it, I'll post the links for you. I'll even keep them normal, just so you don't assume I'm a spammer again.

http://www.smosh.com/forum/general-discussion/salvia-divinorum-brain-damage
http://www.bloopdiary.com/mankied/heartsasalvia-divinorum-and-brain-damage-say-what
http://www.facebook.com/mankied <-- if you scroll down, it was shared on Feb. 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/#!/anoveltyaffair <-- again, scroll down to Feb. 9, 2012

I just checked out your facebook page and almost every picture, its you with alcohol in your hand. Partying have a good ol time killing all your brain cells and acting like a complete idiot but i guess that's ok right?

I think it was the alcohol that killed your brain not the salvia.
In the future don't post stupid lies on forum about plants causing brain damage because we all know your the party going village drunkard that likes to as they say "act a fool" but you don't have to do it here.

You all tell me to do my research, yet you refuse to do the same in regards to me. I have researched the different effects of Salvia, yet you continue to assume that I don't know a thing or that I'm "afraid" of the plant because of the things that Ron has posted on his blog.

First of all, I'm not that impressionable. I don't use Salvia, or any other drug for that matter, because I don't see the point. Yeah, if you checked out my Facebook page, I probably do have a drink in my hand in a fair amount of pictures. They were from 4 or 5 years ago, however, when I was in college. I drank a lot, experimented with drugs [none of which were positive, btw], and did the whole "college scene". I'm over it. Yes, I do still have the occasional drink, and every once in a great while, I will get drunk when out with friends, but it's not often anymore. I've learned my lesson when it comes to drugs &alcohol-nothing good comes from them.

anoveltyaffair is see your in Virginia, Salvia is illegal in Virginia, So i think you will be safe from all the big bad Salvia plants for now.

Actually, I'm in Alabama. There has been legislation proposed for the use of Salvia to become illegal, however, it hasn't passed. Where you got that I'm from Virginia is beyond me. And, dear, I'll always be safe from "the big bad Salvia plants" simply because I refuse to use them.

Now that I'm done defending myself, let me explain...

I'm not just interested in the negative effects of your sacred little plant. I'm not interested in Salvia at all, to be perfectly honest with you. I'm not interested in any drug for that matter. This plant may have helped you, or whatever you want to believe, but that is not the case for a lot of folks. I simply read something that left an impact on me, therefore, I decided to share it. I shared it here because, upon finding this website and looking through it (not intensively, mind you. I do have a life. I saw enough, however.), nearly everything I saw was in worship of this plant, how to get it, how to use it, and all the "awesome" trips it's given others. I'm sure there a few posts here discussing negative encounters with this drug, and I really hope that you didn't attack them the way you did me. I just felt it was fair to have a post on here sharing the negative aspects of Salvia, as well as all your positive.

You want to know why I am so against Salvia?

Well, first of all, it's not just Salvia. It's all drugs. My whole life has been negatively impacted by the use of multiple drugs, therefore I try to speak up as much as possible. And before you start going on and on about how I'm a hypocrite, the drug use was not my own. It was that of my parents, and all the other adults around me, for my entire childhood and adolescence. Yes, I stated earlier that I tried drugs in college. You want to know why? I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Are drugs really so wonderful that the use of them should come before your children, etc? You know what I learned? No, there isn't a single drug that makes any of it worthwhile. I understand about addiction, etc. I know all that nonsense. I don't care.

I'm sorry if you think that my posting here was something that just wasn't appropriate or whatever, but it gave you no right to come at me the way did.

I am grateful for your apology, however, and I do commend you for doing so publicly, as well as in a private message. The next time you want to be condescending because someone doesn't like what you have to say, however, think first.

Thanks.

anoveltyaffair

Postby SF » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:35 pm

The next time you want to be condescending because someone doesn't like what you have to say, however, think first.

haha thats so funny.

I was thinking and what came to mind was in 100% of all cases where someone has a problem with a plant its because of past experiences of what people did or said to them while on the plant. Drugs or plants do not really change people like you think they do. People will be who they really are by themselves with no help from plants or drugs in any way. You cant blame some ones actions on plants or drugs. Blame them for treating you bad or putting there drugs use ahead of whatever else.

There are many many people that use drugs including Alcohol(which is obviously a drug and a maybe the worst out of all of them) but for the most part, the only people you really see using illegal drugs are the ones that are dumb enough to expose themselves and there habits. How many times do you see really smart or intelligent people using drugs? almost never because they are smart enough to hide it from judgemental eyes. What you see is really stupid people using drugs that have no self control or priorities in life, which in return gives plants and drugs a really bad name.

I to am against drugs, but i do not consider plants drugs. Once you take a plant and concentrate it beyond its natural levels it then becomes a Drug. Plants are normally pretty safe in there natural form just like Salvia but once you concentrate it, then it becomes unnatural and maybe even dangerous with some cases.

There are a lot of successful people that have used and still use drugs. Steve jobs of apple computers used a lot of drugs including cannabis and LSD. I personally have never tried LSD, i believe this is a unnatural chemical that is closely related to its counter part in natural LSA aka morning glory seeds.

A few other people include. willie nelson, the last three presidents of the united states. they didn't seem to ruin there lives or put there drug use above there family. Obama seems to be doing really well considering he used cannabis and cocaine most of his childhood. Some people have real problems and they sometimes try to fix these problems by self medicating either with illegal drugs or legal drugs like antidepressants pain killers or whatever else big pharma can cook up and package.

I have no interest in drugs of any kind but i am interested in plants, spiritual plants and medicinal plants. I feel that all of the medicine that we would ever need is provided to us by god or if your not religious nature

I think most of your rambling was unnecessary considering i explained why i thought you were just a spammer. I was not the only one that thought of you as a spammer either.

Alcohol:
you just said you do not use any drugs then you go on to say you drink sometimes. I hate to have to tell you this but alcohol is a drug and not only is it a drug its one of the worst drugs there is. It kills people all the time, car wrecks, alcohol poisoning, and not just it users but anyone around drinkers are at risk of getting hit by a car. Alcohol makes people think there super man and can do anything. It completely impairs your ability to determine a good idea from a bad one. This is one reason why they have those shirts that say things like "beer, Helping ugly people get laid for hundreds of years" drunk people cant think straight and this is a major problem.

Now there are a lot of people that can drink responsible and there are people that can use plants and drugs responsible but those are not the people you ever hear about on the news or from friends.

I do understand where you are coming from, it really sickens me to think that there are parents out there buying drugs or cigarettes instead of buying food for there kids or babies. I used to think that raising tax's and making cigs cost more was a good idea to stop smokers but its not. If you raise the prices they will still buy the cigarettes/alcohol and buy even less food for there family. Its really really sad that this happens all the time.

If drugs were cheaper they could still afford to feed there families but the reason drugs are so expensive is because they are illegal. I am a true believer in decriminalising all drugs and treat it as a health issue instead of a criminal issue. These drug addicted people are sick they are not criminals. Sure if they rob, steal or hurt someone in anyway they should be put in prison but if they are non violent and addicted to drugs they should not be put in jail, they should be put on treatment.

I am not going to go to far into this subject. I am just trying to make a point that the more expensive drugs/alcohol/cigarettes are the worse things will be for families.
nearly everything I saw was in worship of this plant

no one here worships any plant as far as i know.

The fact is this, when you go to a site about Salvia Divinorum the information is going to be mostly about salvia not because we are worshipping a plant. This gives me a good chance to use your quote "maybe you should think before you post"
When you go to a web site that is strictly about one topic then guess what? its going to be about that topic not because they are worshipping anything.

I don't think anyone even likes Salvia that much, its just a spiritual tool and most people that try salvia do not like it and never try it again, thats a fact.

any ways i hope your not to hurt over my post and maybe we can all just get along here on the Salvia worshipping forum haha, just joking with you.
SF
Site Admin

Postby SF » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 pm

I also want to mention that, i do not think that anyone can say every Salvia experience was fun or exciting or positive. Sometimes it can be scary or unpleasant but you just have to stick in there till its over which is normally only a few minutes so its not that bad.

I would like to quote bill hicks here
"sure i have had good times and bad times on drugs but i have also had good and bad sex but that doesn't mean i am going to give up ***** (on women)

i put on women because the other word might be offensive to some people.

I am curious though, what motivated you to post a negative article about salvia.
I ask because, I am against fast food and hardly ever eat it because its really bad for your body but i don't go Online posting links to articles talking bad about fast food. I would of had to have a really bad experience to be that motivated.

I feel that you can understand my points as i have understood yours.
You may PM me any time if you are interested in talking in private or if you do not want what you say posted publicly.
I am a good listener and i offer my ear to you if you need it.
I feel we got off on the wrong foot but i also feel progress can be made.
SF
Site Admin

Postby nothim » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 am

mama mia , my american fellows got energized !!!!
cool down a bit champs , life is so easy and simple , why do you complicate things !

pinky , i thought only in my country the ladies are like your type(never give up without a fight ) , how funny .

folks, cheer up a bit with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfyMZ3nD2vE
nothim

Postby swatch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:38 am

That dude deleted my post on his blog! I can't believe it. There was no harsh language. Just my point of view on the matter. I am totally stunned.
Oh well, we are the Yang to his Yin.

I'm with nothim-- enough of this negative nonsense.
swatch

Postby SF » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 pm

swatch wrote:That dude deleted my post on his blog! I can't believe it. There was no harsh language. Just my point of view on the matter. I am totally stunned.

I'm not stunned at all. It seems his blog is very biased.
He is trying to push the anti Salvia message, with no proof of brain damage, other than his inability to think logically(oh well).
SF
Site Admin

Postby SF » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 pm

nothim wrote:mama mia , my american fellows got energized !!!!
cool down a bit champs , life is so easy and simple , why do you complicate things !

Agreed, and there is always room for self improvement.
I thought my last few posts were pretty calm and reasonable, am I wrong? I have no problem admitting, when I am wrong.
Its always good to get a second opinion.

Why are we calling her Pinky? is that her nickname? if so how did you guys find that out?
I hope Pinky comes back for a rematch(hahah joking) I mean reply.
SF
Site Admin

Postby nothim » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm

[quote]Agreed, and there is always room for self improvement.
I thought my last few posts were pretty calm and reasonable, am I wrong? I have no problem admitting, when I am wrong.
Its always good to get a second opinion.[quote]

i am not native english speaker, so hard to tell from my point of view,
what i see , is that none of you want to let go, you both defend your statements and you both look 'very ' stubborn
the atmosphere does not look tense, but energized

pinky is pinky cause she types with pink ink so i called her pinky , hope she does not mind
nothim

Postby SF » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm

pinky is pinky cause she types with pink ink so i called her pinky , hope she does not mind

oh i see. Well it doesn't take much energy on this side for me to type, i type with the super quickness ahaha
I do have typos and grammar problems from time to time but i am trying to improve that :)
SF
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion