Legal issues - READ THIS!

Discuss the cultivation of non-Salvia divinorum plants.

Re: Legal issues - READ THIS!

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 pm

SF wrote:Agreed, But most sites are using entheogen and people are also using it as a searching key word on Google.
I am up for suggestions though. What could we use instead of Entheogen that Google would still like. In other works Google has Popular Key words for different niches shamanic plants are typically in Entheogen, Ethnobotanicals, Or other names.
I believe Entheogen means to bring forth the god from within. This could be taken many ways. But it basically means plant with spirit or plant ally. A lot of cultures believed that plants have spirits and the plants are like a key into another world a world where the plant can speak to you.

But anyways
What name would be more beneficial ?

What's wrong with using entheogen? Are you talking about keywords to be used in the meta tag?
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby b3lltella » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:53 pm

this is all the places its illigal right ?
b3lltella

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:59 pm

As far as me and WhiteRasta have discerned. Is there a specific area you would like research done on?
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Whiterasta34 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:26 am

State Senate Bans Hallucinogenic Herb

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Senate has banned a Mexican herb that can cause intense hallucinations.

The Senate passed a Democratic-authored bill that prohibits the manufacture and distribution of Salvia divinorum. Violators would face up to $10,000 in fines.

The prohibition would not extend to a form of the herb the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has classified as a homeopathic drug.

The National Conference of State Legislatures says at least 16 states have passed laws regulating or controlling the herb since 2006.

The Senate passed the measure on a voice vote. The state Assembly passed the bill in September. The measure now goes to Gov. Jim Doyle, who can sign it into law or veto it.

Doyle spokesman Adam Collins says the governor will review the bill when he receives it.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/84508597.html

We can only hope for a Veto...
Whiterasta34

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:10 am

It's too late. That article also thinks that the bill allows for pharmaceutical use of Salvinorin A or something. I'm not sure what they mean by homeopathic drug. But I'm guessing that it means they created an out in case medicinal use of it reaches the public elsewhere. One of the safest things on the planet. Banned. Another failure by modern society.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Vlad » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:53 am

i dont know if anyone cares but they made salvia illegal in Romania last month :(
Vlad

Postby SF » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Vlad wrote:i dont know if anyone cares but they made salvia illegal in Romania last month :(

that is really bad news. i cant believe what people are resorting to, making nature illegal whats next ?
i guess thats what happens. when people dont understand something they feel the only way to deal with it is to ban it.
It really is a shame a few bad apples will spoil it all for the rest of us. Thanks for the input.
SF
Site Admin

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:01 am

Thanks for the update. Please keep an eye on this.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Bigdognick » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:15 pm

North Carolina should be added to the list. Their salvia policy is the same as Georgias( it's cool as long as it's for decoration only)
Bigdognick

Postby greenbean1011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:36 pm

I live in Georgia and I swear I wouldn't use it for anything else except as a nice houseplant or outdoors plant.
greenbean1011

Postby woodlife » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:00 am

I read the bill closely for my state. It does NOT state that owning the plant is illegal. However, once the plant is manufactured, then it becomes a controlled substance. I'm no lawyer, but these laws also apply to chemicals that are used in every day cleaning. It isn't until it's abused that it becomes a crime. Just a thought.
woodlife

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:43 pm

What state are you talking about?
Ulmdorgr

Postby woodlife » Sun May 01, 2011 12:27 am

One that's on the red list :mrgreen:
woodlife

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:38 pm

I applaud you. Remember to talk about stuff like this WITH your law makers. You should be able to engage in conversation with them through some process.
Ulmdorgr

Postby greenbean1011 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:12 pm

So its legal to grow salvia in georgia if I only use it as a houseplant???
greenbean1011

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Plants