RocketeerJim's Entheo Planter Box

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

RocketeerJim's Entheo Planter Box

Postby RocketeerJim » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:37 pm

I built this over the last two or three days and today I finally found a source for large bags of perlite so I could plant my B. Caapi plants. Just thought I'd share with the group . . . . So I guess you need to click on the image below! BTW, sorry about the "huffing and puffing". I've been working hard and I'm not so young as I used to be!! Please feel free to comment. . .

Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Re: RocketeerJim's Entheo Planter Box

Postby nothim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:09 am

thanks for sharing , what is the box for ? why not let them without?
sorry for asking. i ve seen that before somewhere but i could not figure out what was for . is it because of pets or wind ?
nothim

Postby RocketeerJim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:57 am

Well, I thought I should build a fortress to keep out the bugs that don't jump very high. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, you guessed most of it, nothim. . . we have dogs that love the smell of fertilizer. Since I want to grow tall plants, the table would only protect them for so long. . . . Also we have limited shade and hot summers so it seemed a good idea to have all of the plants close to the misters.
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby nothim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:59 pm

to have all of the plants close to the misters

awesome, did not think of that ! yes, the water from pots will not evaporate to fast either , being so close together ....i thought of something in the past to have a second bigger pot around the first one and the empty space be filled with polystirene - the roots will be protected by sun heat and the water will probably stay there more--did not test it though....
nice funny joke, the bug one.
i have never thought of pets loving fertilizers -- i thought they are only into catnip affair
from an earlier photo if you noticed , i had the plants between nettle, so no pet dare to approach, -cause of that -i never had an idea of a box fence or whatever
nothim

Postby RocketeerJim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Honestly, nothim, I fully intended to transplant all of the salvia into the box. I even bought lots of mulch and started looking for several cubic feet of Perlite to do it. Then I dropped in at a Hydroponics store in search of the Perlite. I let the salesman there "half" convince me that it is a mistake to plant several plants in a box. He insisted it was better to keep them in pots so as to better control the environment of each plant and guard against a catastrophe that could wipe them all out at once instead of just one or two. . . . . he also claimed it would be much easier to leech excess fertilizer from the soil if the plants were potted; alternatively if they were in the ground I'd be stuck with whatever "salts" accumulated. . . . That's why I wrote that I was arguing with myself about whether or not to plant them all in the box. . . . So, in the mean time, there they sit, in their pots, in the box!
RocketeerJim

Postby boolie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:13 pm

good move!
boolie

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:06 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Boolie?? Are you "him" again?? :?:

Would you please PM me and set me straight?
RocketeerJim

Postby boolie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:24 am

yeah, here is boolie again!
i was off for a while , i went to Peru!
i posted some pieces from the Peru journey on the welcome page somewhere, you can check it out ! it is a lot to tell , and it will take some time to translate it.
here is a recipe while in Peru , i like it a lot , i ate it often : Iquitos Pan Cakes
you have to pick acacia white flowers- and detach them from the cluster and clean them of any bugs, ants or whatever---no , they are not psychoactive!
fill a bowl with the flowers and cut them in small pieces as you do with the parsley for example --so small pieces of acacia flowers -a bowl full with those pieces of acacia flowers
everything is by eye: add some cinnamon(half a teaspoon) , some vanilla(a teaspoon) or rum , a handfull of sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, one or two eggs , milk or water, about one tablespoon of cream, flour(a drinking glass or less) and half or less (it depends how sweet you want it ) jar of jam (apricot, quince, raspberry...). Mix well, everything in there. If it is too sticky , add milk, if it is too liquid , add flour. You have to work on that till you get a pan cake consistency. Do not add too much flour at once cause you gonna end up with chuncks and it is not easy to break those. Ok, when all is set, get a large enough pan , add some nice awesome oil, get coconut if you fancy and fry their brains over!
after they are fried well enough - the flowers will get charcoal like , use chocolate or some more jam , or banana and ice cream and whipped cream, whatever you fancy!
Have a good sweet dessert!
'd be back with some more Peru adventure!
boolie

Postby RocketeerJim » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:13 am

Wow thanks for the recipe, Boolie! I'll have to go to the garden store to look for acacia. I think i can manage this one!
RocketeerJim

Postby nothim » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:09 pm

i wonder how you gonna get the flowers from a garden store?!? do they do that in there , as well ? you , americans , you are so endowed!!!!!
but acacia flowers you gonna get only in Peruuuuuuu! lol that taste only !
nothim

Postby RocketeerJim » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:43 pm

RocketeerJim

Postby boolie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:07 am

not only!!!

this is what you have to aim for :
http://www.apronandsneakers.com/2011/04 ... ocust.html

i think they are plenty in north america too!
boolie

Return to Show Room