CWard grow log

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

CWard grow log

Postby CWard » Sun May 08, 2011 4:35 pm

I am very pleased to report that thanks to the suggestions of members of this blog, my little cutting has survived the Creeping Black Death and is now doing very well. As promised, here is a start at a grow log. (The old help thread is here: http://forum.salviadivinorumblog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=454)

Jan. 2011
Two cuttings arrive: one is decapitated in the unboxing process and doesn't last too long. After about four weeks, the surviving cutting roots naturally without hormones. (I'm not anti hormone, I didn't bother to buy any)

Feb. 2011
Creeping Black Death threatens to devour the cutting and I have to amputate parts of nearly each leaf. It doesn't look like it will make it! I then reduced its water intake to 1/4 of what it was previously, and the cutting make a great recovery.

May 2011
We lost three leaves to battle scars from the Creeping Black Death, but we have gained a bunch of new ones, and things are looking up. The plant is now guarded by twin Cthulhu plush dolls and has picked up some new friends: chocolate mint, spearmint, lemon balm, rosemary, and pineapple sage. Anyone who's tried it knows that a bad salvia trip is classic Lovecraftian horror, so I think Cthulhu is quite fitting here. The other herbs have had aphids and fungus flies, which I am still at war with, but neither seem to mess with the salvia. They don't f*cking dare!
The lighting you see here is one 6500K bulb and one 2500k. I can't remember the exact wattage. I realize this isn't ideal, but it's working fine! Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hey Salvia, looking good!

The black edge of the leaf is a battle scar from the Creeping Black Death. I don't think it will ever go away, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything and is not spreading.
CWard

Re: CWard grow log

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sun May 08, 2011 8:49 pm

:D I'm glad to see her alive and well.

You have a good growing story to tell, and your guardians will surely help protect her.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Re: CWard grow log

Postby nothim » Mon May 09, 2011 2:16 pm

very inspiring , i like the idea!
nothim

Return to Show Room