My Blosser Grow Log

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

Re: My Blosser Grow Log

Postby Psikotrope » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:30 pm

Ok so I finally took a few new photos to show everyone. But first, in the last two days she started dropping leaves. They were the older ones so I don't think its a big deal. I think its expected in order to accomodate new growth. Also ones of the fallen leaves had what appeared to be a type of egg pod on its underside white in color with a whole colony of these tiny white bugs. Any idea what they were and if they will harm her? Only that single leaf appeared to be infested so I quickly flushed it down the loo. There are also these little knat/fly guys buzzing around her. They look like what I can only compare to a "beer fly". You know the flys that buzz around undisgarded beer cans. Other than that things seem okay. The temp has sat around 20-25°C with the humidity around 80-90. Light has been low due to rain the last 3 days.

Psikotrope

Postby DanG » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:59 pm

You're plants are doing fine man! Keep it up! :)
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

Use Your Cellphone Camera for Close-up/Macro Photography
DanG

Postby nothim » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:36 pm

check underneath the leaves , and wash each leaf only with water if flies displayed there.

use humidity tent , always, --otherwise the plant will suffer !

she is ok for the moment.
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:28 am

She looks big and well. Not optimal (stiff leaves), but not dying.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Psikotrope » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Just a note. I water on Wednesday and Saturdat. I cut the amount of water I fed her in half, from about 5-6 oz to 2-3 oz. Plus I missed miating and watering all weekend because I was on a camping trip. I got back and misted her and within 30 mintues she looked better than ever. I believe i'm finally figuring out her water needs. She's still putting out deformed growth but maybe this is just hiw it will be. Also I partook of a legal variation of mushies and had a great convo about her growing needs. She said the leaf problem is on account of her getting to much of something. She woukdn't tell me what just that it was a riddle for me to aolve if I want to work with her.

Hope I didn't break any rules with my comments. If so I will edit gladly
Psikotrope

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:28 am

No problem.

She's getting too much attention :D
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Psikotrope » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Great, didn't wanna break any rules but I thought you guys would find that interesting.

I plucked a few of the large sick leaves and in about a week she was sprouting new leaves like crazy! I guess since she could devote more resources to new growth it was a good idea. After the new leaves get about 2-3 inches long I think I will pluck the remaining large old leaves. After that I think I will have all aclimatized growth. Awesome! I will try to post a pic or two tomorrow. I think I already said I would but been somewhat busy.

Thank you so much for all the help guys. I don't think I could've done it without your help.
Psikotrope

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:32 pm

That's great! It sounds like pruning is a great way to help a plant recover from dying leaves.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Psikotrope » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 am

It seems to be the case!

Finally here are a few new pics.

Psikotrope

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:06 pm

If your plant is turning yellow...
Chlorosis: yellowing of stem and leaves. Caused by:
  • Over watering; typically watering too often. Attempt to water on a conservative basis (once a week). Before watering, place a finger or specialized tool into the soil to sense the amount of moisture. Can also be caused by excess misting. See this page for more info.
  • Iron, or sometimes zinc, deficiency. This affects the plant's ability to absorb nutrients.
  • Unfavorable soil ph levels.
    • Erowid suggests that Salvia Divinorum prefers slightly acidic soil PH (6.1-6.6): "Regardless of what soil mixture you use, try to keep your soil pH between 6.1 and 6.6. Were able to achieve this by watering approximately once a month with Stern's Miracid® or with a solution of 1 tablespoon of 50- grain (5 percent) natural apple cider vinegar to one gallon of water."
  • Poor drainage of water. Make sure your pots have holes in them! If holes are near the bottom, do not let excess water, such as in a tray to catch water, rise high enough to touch the soil.
  • Damaged or compacted roots. Re-pot your plants yearly.
  • Using certain pesticides or herbicides.
  • "Exposure to sulfur dioxide."

Also, you could have a pest problem, so inspect your leaves closely.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:40 pm

the sun burned her leaves

---

use a shade in the window
nothim

Postby Psikotrope » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:30 am

I don't think she's been getting to much water. I practically wait till wilting occurs. However I do mist at least twice a day and three on days I'm hanging around the house. And when I do water it's about 4 oz. To much sun? Wow, maybe so. She's in a window and I was afraid she wasn't getting enough. You can see her home in one of the earlier pics where she's in the humidity tent in front of the window facing south. I will try a shade and maybe just moving her away from the window in the mean time. The browing on the large leaves has been there since day one. The yellowing on the new growth may in fact be from to much sun. Alsk I apply about a cap full of vinegar every couple weeks for acidity. After reading your last replies I checked the acidity with my analogue gauge and in fact the acidity of the soil seems low. I will add more vinegar to the next watering.

Any tips on a better way to acidify tbe soil? How often should I repot? She's been in the same soil from the beginning. I'm sure the soil is nearing zero nutrient state although I use special SD plant food/fertilizer once a week.
Psikotrope

Postby nothim » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:39 am

vinegar or apple cider is just fine

but if you are talking about plants thriving in acid , you have to use peat and sulfur

document on sulfur ! -from my understanding you have to use a pinch of sulfur powder and sprinkle the top of the soil, --the soil will become acid IN TIME , be patient ! lol
nothim

Postby Psikotrope » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:52 am

Is powdered sulfur something you could find at a garden center or hardware store?
Psikotrope

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:49 pm

I was browsing online for PH adjusting products, and came across this Lime product (which is used to neutralize the PH, or move it towards 7.0):
http://www.gardeners.com/Garden-Lime/Fl ... lt,cp.html

The importance here is that the product description says,
Stunted growth and yellowed leaves can indicate your soil is too acidic for plants to absorb the nutrients they need for healthy growth.

Do you have a PH tester? Maybe you've been killing her. Lol. I love how difficult this is.
Ulmdorgr

PreviousNext

Return to Show Room