Sally 4th try

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

Re: Sally 4th try

Postby nothim » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:51 am

ok,

on this link :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 994147726/

too much water, too much fertilizers and maybe too much light , try to avoid (decrease ) all this !
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Ulmdorgr wrote:
  • Chlorosis: yellowing of stem and leaves. Caused by:
    • Over watering; typically watering too often. Attempt to water on a conservative basis (once a week). Before watering, place a finger or specialized tool into the soil to sense the amount of moisture. Can also be caused by excess misting. See this page for more info.
    • Iron, or sometimes zinc, deficiency. This affects the plant's ability to absorb nutrients.
    • Unfavorable soil ph levels.
      • Erowid suggests that Salvia Divinorum prefers slightly acidic soil PH (6.1-6.6): "Regardless of what soil mixture you use, try to keep your soil pH between 6.1 and 6.6. Were able to achieve this by watering approximately once a month with Stern's Miracid® or with a solution of 1 tablespoon of 50- grain (5 percent) natural apple cider vinegar to one gallon of water."
    • Poor drainage of water. Make sure your pots have holes in them! If holes are near the bottom, do not let excess water, such as in a tray to catch water, rise high enough to touch the soil.
    • Damaged or compacted roots. Re-pot your plants yearly.
    • Using certain pesticides or herbicides.
    • "Exposure to sulfur dioxide."
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:17 am

I haven't done anything to the plants other than misting the walls of the mushroom bag. The leaves aren't that yellow when i look at them. Camera didn't do justice, I might have gotten some bad lighting :?:
I must admit that they aren't the greenest leaves but as long as they are growing then that's a good sign to me. I am in a tropical country, i'll let them adapt to my place :)

I know plants can adapt because i did it to my basil plants last year. When they were under a shade they were very happy and it grew large leaves. When i placed them under direct sun, it drooped constantly but was able to survive. It adapted to the new environment by producing smaller leaves, which in all cases made sense to me. Bigger leaves aren't needed because of the direct sun. Smaller leaves also require less water(I theorize)

Anyway here's Day 20:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 002058544/
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

Use Your Cellphone Camera for Close-up/Macro Photography
DanG

Postby nothim » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:47 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 002058544/

read comments!!!!!!

do not panic if the temp rises , cause you gonna move plants as they should not , and accidentally you are going to drop them or snap the stems out of them or any other incidents may occur!!!!!! ;)

just leave them there, ventilate that air when you feel it is hot , and do not let direct sun hit there by no mean!!!!!!

did the basil survive a summer(any summer in the past )? if it did , and you did not struggle with it , then..., you are ok !!!!!!!!!!!!
nothim

Postby DanG » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:13 am

The whole set up is inside a half open box. It's really convenient to transfer and i did it this way so the pots will still have a base even if i move them from one place to another. I learned that if i pick up the mushroom bag, the pots collapses and that's a big no no :lol:

I neglected my basil plants because they are so easy to propagate! I only water them at around 5pm when the sun is already setting and they did alright. Sometimes the soil becomes really dry but they still did okay. They do droop but once they got rehydrated they're back to normal. It's kinda like Sally, only i started one from seed and i made a ton of cuttings haha
I can see how easy it is to produce a small forest in one year!
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby DanG » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:12 am

-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby nothim » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:40 am

they are ok.
nothim

Postby DanG » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 am

Day 23:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 897574055/

They look greener than usual friends.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby nothim » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:06 am

ok!
nothim

Postby DanG » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:48 am

I didn't know flickr had a 200 picture limit. I'm about to reach that number in a few more days and the earlier pictures would no longer be accessible. Oh well, what matters is the now :)

Day 24:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 903940651/
A week from now i'll start acclimating all of them :P
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby nothim » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:33 am

they are ok, too small and fragile to risk with all, though. your decision!

create another flickr account if you reached the limit
nothim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:49 am

Dan, just make sure you have local copies of the older ones, and you can repost if necessary.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:36 am

@nothim
I don't want to create another flickr account. I'll use multiply.com. I can upload unlimited pics over there.
I'll upload both in flickr and multiply. Multiply for storage, flickr for day to day comments.

@Ulmy
Yeah i have all the pictures in my laptop. Even the 2010 failures haha

Day 26:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 045462444/
I've decided to just acclimate only one. It seems they are loving the humidity even if it's hot(33'C)
Multiply account:
http://flyingketchupbottle.multiply.com/photos
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:46 am

They look like they are improving! I'm comparing between day 26 and some of the earlier days of photos. It's hard to tell, but keep it up, I think you are doing great at this point. Keep monitoring #2's health.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:51 am

they are ok, which one(no.?) is the boolie-test?

in the future try to have a proper soil mixture , i think this one stops the roots to develop faster , it looks too clay like , maybe i am wrong....

pine needle mulch added to the mixture is nice , ----here, i gather it along with mycelium aswell and i mix it with the soil , so in that way the soil will not have a clay texture anylonger

it looks something like this : http://www.waldeneffect.org/20101018mycelium.jpg

the white thing is mycelium
nothim

PreviousNext

Return to Show Room