Peruvian torch and datura inoxia.

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

Peruvian torch and datura inoxia.

Postby redfieldTnT » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:31 am

So i got these seeds on e-bay for $7 and the seller was great everything went well.so far i've only planted 8 torch seeds and 10 datura seeds ill post a grow log I think I potted them in the wrong kind of soil but I can always change the soil.

I know nothing about datura inoxia only that it produces terrible effects when u consume it in any way i might be wrong but i wouldnt dare try it at this point so beware.But ill still post a grow log so when i get some sprouts ill post a pic of my setup for those datura and torch.
I also got some tobacco sees I'll post some of those pics here when I get some to sprout.
redfieldTnT

Re: Peruvian torch and datura inoxia.

Postby dreamyone » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:24 am

Pervian torch - good, datura - dont try it :roll: usually it kills people.
dreamyone

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:21 am

From Wikipedia:

All parts of Datura plants contain dangerous levels of poison and may be fatal if ingested by humans and other animals, including livestock and pets. In some places it is prohibited to buy, sell or cultivate Datura plants.

[D]atura intoxication typically produces a complete inability to differentiate reality from fantasy (delirium, as contrasted to hallucination); hyperthermia; tachycardia; bizarre, and possibly violent behavior; and severe mydriasis with resultant painful photophobia that can last several days. Pronounced amnesia is another commonly reported effect.[3] There can easily be a 5:1 variation in toxins from plant to plant, and a given plant's toxicity depends on its age, where it is growing, and local weather conditions. These wide variations make Datura exceptionally hazardous to use as a drug. In traditional cultures, users needed to have a great deal of experience and detailed plant knowledge so that no harm resulted from using it.[1] Such knowledge is not available in modern cultures, so many unfortunate incidents result from ingesting Datura. In the 1990s and 2000s, the United States media contained stories of adolescents and young adults dying or becoming seriously ill from intentionally ingesting Datura.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Datura stramonium is the only entheogen of the genus. You may not have been given that species. And yes, it is very dangerous.
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:14 am

I'm trying to germinate peruvian torch seeds as well. How's yours coming along?

There are a lot of seeds in the net but whenever i see Datura I say "no thank you" I'm too chicken-shit to grow this one. :lol:
DanG

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:55 am

Cacti take forever to grow. Good luck with that.

I'm reading this book, The Cosmic Serpent, and although it mainly focuses on the shamanic use of ayahuasca, there's this part where the author, an anthropologist, gets handed a joint made of some species of datura. After he learned that he was regretful of his actions, ahaha. Pretty crazy!
Ulmdorgr

Postby DanG » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:29 am

Ulmdorgr wrote:Cacti take forever to grow. Good luck with that.

I'm reading this book, The Cosmic Serpent, and although it mainly focuses on the shamanic use of ayahuasca, there's this part where the author, an anthropologist, gets handed a joint made of some species of datura. After he learned that he was regretful of his actions, ahaha. Pretty crazy!

Thanks! This is my first time growing cacti. Just sowed the seeds last friday, nothing yet.

I think we can all laugh at our past mistakes. Absurd and unusual randomness makes life interesting. But I still ain't gonna touch that plant! No sir!
DanG

Postby MagikF » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:50 am

Good luck on your seed starting escapade.
MagikF

Return to Show Room