Rocketeerjim Grow-Log - Sylvia (Salvia Divinorum)

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

Re: Rocketeerjim Grow-Log - Sylvia (Salvia Divinorum)

Postby DanG » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:59 am

boolie2010 wrote:
Icaro mix(kinda like acid/trance).

what 's the artist cause i can not find any on google -
i found something called cora novoa which is not bad either

It's from "shamanic icaros" I can't remember what track and from what volume. I only have volume 1 and 2 so that narrows it down to about 21 tracks :?:
http://www.archive.org/details/V.A.-.Sh ... -.Volume.1
http://www.archive.org/details/V.A.-.Sh ... -.Volume.2

Caution: you may dance like mad. i was doing the "thrilla dance" in my trip...... my arms just couldn't stop fidgeting around :!:
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

Use Your Cellphone Camera for Close-up/Macro Photography
DanG

Postby DanG » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXY9V611dc
Cora Novoa is a nice find!!! thumbs up!

It's pretty chill... All i need is a window, a good sturdy chair and me doing this:
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby nothim » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:30 pm

cheers !
nothim

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:16 pm

I found another Icaro, but, sadly, it refers to ayahuasca:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US_P5nTj_9o&feature=related

Several more are listed on the right (U-Tube) panel . . . . .
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:20 pm

2.5mg/g of raw leaf, so do the math. Your oral dose should be like 100-200mg (40-80g of leaves without midveins).
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:39 pm

40 to 80 gms of wet leaf. Gotcha. I did not think to weigh the two piles of leaves before I chewed them. Shoulda done that!!

Its gonna be quite some time before Sylvia will be ready to part with so many leaves again, and I'll bet I did not use enough. I do have a 12 gm (not 1/4 ounce as I previously estimated) baggie full of dried leaves I could rehydrate though. Man what a mouthful that would be!!
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:55 pm

ohhhwwwwwaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooohhhhhhhh! Thhaaaanks . . . . . . . . Sylvia!!!!

Turn this one up and watch it with lights off!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=279oe9F-IJI
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:38 am

Sick tunes guys, thanks for the links.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Well, lots has happened in Sylvia's life over the last two weeks or so.

First, I broke two of her limbs right off when I simply tried to move one of them out of the way as I retrieved Ska Sway from behind her. Honestly, I've had so many problems moving my plants. . . . :roll: So anyways, the two limbs were joined together on Sylvia's main stock and they both snapped. But I did not notice immediately. Only after several hours went did I notice all the droopy leaves. So, I harvested almost all of the leaves and cut each limb into two pieces. Two of the four I placed into water and two I placed into a soil mix.

Then, about two days later, another limb broke off all by itself. I awakened in the morning to find it laying over, attached to the mainstem only by its skin. So, I harvested it in a similar fashion.

I have a short metal shelf, sort of like a miniature pantry shelf made of chrome-covered wire and stuff, and I placed all of the cuttings onto it and I'm using two 13 watt and one 20 watt CFL bulbs with a remote on-off switch that I keep next to my bed. I turn the lights on before sunrise and turn them off at about 11 pm each day so they get a lot of light. I bought a $.99 combination thermometer and hygrometer and placed it on the shelf with the plants. All of them fit together on a baking pan in which I also keep a layer of water for humidity. Finally I'm able to follow "nothim"s suggestion that I keep the plants at or about 20C and they absolutely love it! I was using ziplock bags over each plant's container but several of them developed browning leaves and I suspect it was from too much moisture as I was also misting them every day and sometimes several times per day. Now I've removed the ziplock bags they're doing much better. Of the nine cuttings, six have already sprouted some roots. So now Sylvia has nine children!!!! Well, actually ten, because yesterday I decided to be proactive and I snipped off the end of one of her remaining limbs and placed it in with the rest. It is the only one of the bunch that has a ziplock bag over it. I'm not misting it at all, as the moisure already has formed inside the bag, and I'll probably remove that as well since the hygrometer says the humidity is hovering at about 60%. Well, it dropped a bit when I opened up the shelf to take photos and admire the plants but otherwise it is at 60%.

Oh, and i removed the two cuttings from the soil and placed them in glasses with water as well. The plant that is in the pot in the photo is the surviving tip of one of the Sway sisteres that I broke several months ago. I managed to nurse it back to life by placing a ziplock bag over the top of the pot until I noticed some growth and it has grown a lot since then. It was quite tiny and not growing at all when I decided to try the ziplock bag.

Finally, outside the view in the photo I have four "stubs" of stalk that I've buried in dirt in small pots and covered them with plastic wrap. I didn't know whether I should simply immerse these in water or not. They're only an inch or so long and would simply lay completely underwater if I did and thought maybe it would be better to place them in moist dirt so they could get a little bit of air. What do you think, folks??

RocketeerJim

Postby DanG » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Your plants look good enough to plant directly on soil. I envy your environment! You should be able to get them really big :D

I noticed the cutting on the 3rd starting from the top left. Is it okay for a plant cutting to have that length after the last node?
untitled.PNG
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby nothim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:31 am

it is ok , you should have planted them directly in soil, they would have developed roots faster, like here : http://postimage.org/image/2hhc2ux1g/

yes the humidity was the issue with to many glasses of water and with plenty of misting per day

the long stem is ok --
nothim

Postby DanG » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:35 am

Alright. Question though. What if you tried rooting the stem upside down?
For example that top stem(in the red circle) is the one you placed in water instead of the other end?
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:04 am

It would probably die, depending on how the leaves function (the top of the leaves probably have to be facing upwards to function correctly).
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 am

it does not work like that!
nothim

Postby DanG » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:16 am

:lol: Silly question! I know :lol:
But somebody had to throw it out there. Might as well be me!
-Nikos Kazantzakis

DanG

PreviousNext

Return to Show Room