Hawaiian Kava Kava

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

Hawaiian Kava Kava

Postby jasonsalvia » Wed May 26, 2010 7:12 pm

My kava kava plant, growing nicely. Sadly, I found out after I got the plant that it takes 4 YEARS to harvest the roots for consumption :lol: See ya in 4 years...

jasonsalvia

Re: Hawaiian Kava Kava

Postby nothim » Thu May 27, 2010 4:48 am

mind about consumption!!!!!! be warned!!!!

it attacks the liver without even notice!!!!

document on the net !!!!

i once wanted to try it, but after reading things , i decided to stay away from it!!!
nothim

Postby jasonsalvia » Thu May 27, 2010 7:29 am

Kava Kava dates back thousand of years to the South Pacific and is still used on a daily basis on the pacific islands, kava bars are gaining popularity. Many people now use it to treat anti-anxiety as well. I believe it to be a safer alternative then alcohol and am not concerned as long as its used in moderation, much like alcohol.
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu May 27, 2010 11:22 am

Ulmdorgr

Postby jasonsalvia » Thu May 27, 2010 11:30 am

Also see 2009 study:
http://www.uq.edu.au/news/?article=18193

with key points:

“When extracted in the appropriate way, Kava may pose less or no potential liver problems. I hope the results will encourage governments to reconsider the ban,” Mr Sarris said.

“Ethanol and acetone extracts, which sometimes use the incorrect parts of the Kava, were being sold in Europe.

“That is not the traditional way of prescribing Kava in the Pacific Islands.

“Our study used a water-soluble extract from the peeled rootstock of a medicinal cultivar of the plant, which is approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration of Australia and is currently legal in Australia for medicinal use.
jasonsalvia

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu May 27, 2010 11:33 am

See, it was the pharmaceutical companies that fucked it up, as usual.
Ulmdorgr

Postby nothim » Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 pm

sorry, i did not know about the extracts and the whole story behind that ....
my apologies!
nothim

Postby freesalvia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:54 pm

wow that is a beautiful plant!, looks great keep it up, now i want one. how did you get a hold of seeds. its like a hard plant to find i suppose, unless im looking in the wrong places. all i found was extracts and books on how to grow it! but yea nicely done here.
freesalvia

Postby SF » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Wow thats a very healthy looking Kava plant. is there anything different about growing Kava ? does it need high humidity ? what about temps ?

I tried Kava before i was very surprised at the effects, very calming and insightful. The best thing about Kava in my opinion is the dreams. I used to mess about with Kava and noticed everytime i used it, i would have the most interesting and vivid dreams ever.

I have tried dream herb, and other plants for dream enhancement. I have found Kava to be the most effective.

Thanks for the log
SF
Site Admin

Postby childishaztec » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:41 am

SF wrote:I tried Kava before i was very surprised at the effects, very calming and insightful. The best thing about Kava in my opinion is the dreams. I used to mess about with Kava and noticed everytime i used it, i would have the most interesting and vivid dreams ever.

I have tried dream herb, and other plants for dream enhancement. I have found Kava to be the most effective.

Thanks for the log

Wah I totally want that XD!!!

Jason Salvia would you mind making a cutting for me once it gets bigger? (it looks like my Calea seedling will make it so once it get bigger I can give you a cutting of that...though you might not need it since you got kava).
childishaztec

Postby jasonsalvia » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:10 pm

childishaztec wrote:
SF wrote:I tried Kava before i was very surprised at the effects, very calming and insightful. The best thing about Kava in my opinion is the dreams. I used to mess about with Kava and noticed everytime i used it, i would have the most interesting and vivid dreams ever.

Thanks for the log

Wah I totally want that XD!!!

Jason Salvia would you mind making a cutting for me once it gets bigger? (it looks like my Calea seedling will make it so once it get bigger I can give you a cutting of that...though you might not need it since you got kava).

Sorry childishaztec, I haven't looked at this thread in ages and just figured out how to subscribe to threads. No problem. I've no idea how to take a cutting, and especially no idea with kava kava, but I'm sure we can figure something out...
jasonsalvia

Postby childishaztec » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:50 am

Well's i got 2 saliva cutting that i can give for the kavakave, but i have to tell you they have grown their leaf's pretty wide but aren't tall at all; so packaging is going to be a pain....maybe if i get a wide box...but then i would need wide bottles....hmm ill figure something out. In the mean time i suggest getting clone solution it works great for making cuts from stem/branches root. (I also don't go on here much so no problems..i also had forgotten about this post)
childishaztec

Postby jasonsalvia » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:47 pm

freesalvia wrote:wow that is a beautiful plant!, looks great keep it up, now i want one. how did you get a hold of seeds. its like a hard plant to find i suppose, unless im looking in the wrong places. all i found was extracts and books on how to grow it! but yea nicely done here.

lost tabs on this thread. I got a cutting from ebay
jasonsalvia

Postby jasonsalvia » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:50 pm

SF wrote:Wow thats a very healthy looking Kava plant. is there anything different about growing Kava ? does it need high humidity ? what about temps ?

I tried Kava before i was very surprised at the effects, very calming and insightful. The best thing about Kava in my opinion is the dreams. I used to mess about with Kava and noticed everytime i used it, i would have the most interesting and vivid dreams ever.

Thanks for the log

Kava has been the easiest plant so far. she loves direct sunlight and lots of water. No humidity tent or misting needed.

Kava is very relaxing.... we need more kava bars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsGcK4MA ... re=related
jasonsalvia

Postby jasonsalvia » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:51 pm

childishaztec wrote:Well's i got 2 saliva cutting that i can give for the kavakave, but i have to tell you they have grown their leaf's pretty wide but aren't tall at all; so packaging is going to be a pain....maybe if i get a wide box...but then i would need wide bottles....hmm ill figure something out. In the mean time i suggest getting clone solution it works great for making cuts from stem/branches root. (I also don't go on here much so no problems..i also had forgotten about this post)

good good , we'll figure it out
jasonsalvia

Next

Return to Show Room