ganjagarden

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

ganjagarden

Postby PipeGnome » Sat May 22, 2010 7:23 pm

I have recently had massive luck with the hydro setup and wanted to share a few photos with you guys!!
they run under a 1000 watt Metal Halide bulb on a 20/4 light schedule. i'll have more specs up soon.
Attachments
img5123gu.jpg
img5120a.jpg
img5117h.jpg
PipeGnome

Re: ganjagarden

Postby Chewy » Sat May 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Nice garden. Will you top them, super crop or the old natural grow? May i ask you about your light? WHy mh? I usally see people using mh with hps, to give ya the full spectrum. I find that mh just dont throw light as far as hps. At four feet away from the bulb the mh is only half that of hps in lumens(but i use 400w). Ive always found that hps will veg. as good as m.h. and you dont have to switch the bulbs. But if you have a hps and mh at the same time you will see a huge growth difference.

Please dont take my questions the wrong way. You have super healthy lookin plants. Every gardener has his own way of growing. And your doing a fantasic job. :D
keep us updated
Chewy

Postby PipeGnome » Sat May 22, 2010 7:49 pm

thanks!!
they will get about 2 feet higher in the grow stage, then i will finish them off with a HPS bulb. ive thought about cutting them back to see if they yield another harvest.
according to most of the reading i have done, a metal halide bulb will provide the necessary grow spectrum (in the blue/white range as in spring/summertime) and a HPS will provide the flowering spectrum (red/yellow as in late summer/autumn) kinda going with the natural cycle.
i usually have 1 1000 and 1 400 going, but one of the ballasts was needed for the bloom process of one other plant, and had to be taken away. metal halides are weaker, but its better to have that blueish spectrum for the grow cycle.
i havent tried both at once. once these are done, i will see about giving that a go.
PipeGnome

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat May 22, 2010 10:39 pm

They are pretty, is that indica? And what cultivar?
Ulmdorgr

Postby Whiterasta34 » Sun May 23, 2010 2:13 am

those look like some very healthy plants! Have so found out if they are female? And out of curiosity if they produce seed would you be willing to send some to me? :)
Whiterasta34

Postby Chewy » Sun May 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Just a guess, but they look like a cush to me. Have the big fatty leaves.

If you had two 1000 watt lights you could do an experiment with one m.h. and one h.p.s. Yeah, i mean it seems right to use m.h. for veggie growth. I have both set ups. warm light and blue light. Depends on the plant. But ive read in cannibus books that alot of professionals never use m.h. or they use them as supplement lighting. I do know that hps does work for vegitative growth. I guess the question is does m.h. work better. Agian, please dont take this like i know everything. All the plants look really good.

And those are going to be very large plants when your done. I was helping someone about two years ago with a medi-grow and i kept telling him that they gain 30% or more during flowering. He didnt seem to believe me untill........he had to go spend another 400 bucks to ensure he had enough light for his monsters. He kept saying, well in the wild they get huge. Im always amazed at how hot/bright our sun is. It can do amazing things for the plants. No way to match natural light. I dont care how many lights people use you will never be able to grow a 2 story m.j. plant inside. But given enough water and nutrient ive seen there stems get 4inches in diameter outside. That was under the control of my mentor and master gardener. Hes done amazing things with plants. Makes his own organic fertilizer and compost. Way more advanced then me. I look like a amatur next to him

As far as seeds go whiterasta you shouldnt have any. Hopefully you rid the garden of males soon after flowering starts. And as long as you dont turn them into hermaphodites(stress causes this) they should be sensimilla. And theres no real way of telling untell you start to flower. You can get feminized seeds but thats still not a positive. You can soak seeds in birth control to maximize you female to male ratio.
Chewy

Postby PipeGnome » Tue May 25, 2010 12:24 pm

yes, they are indica, and surprisingly, all female! the biggest one is a clone, Granddaddy Purps, i believe, (it came from a clinic) and the others came out of dank bags of Afghooey. not pictured is a HUGE sativa, Hawaiian Gold in the flowering process.
PipeGnome

Postby freesalvia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:57 pm

thats nice bro i have a plant that i grew from seed and trained to look like a bonsai..hopefully it will give me super big buds!
freesalvia

Postby PipeGnome » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 am

freesalvia wrote:thats nice bro i have a plant that i grew from seed and trained to look like a bonsai..hopefully it will give me super big buds!

right on! you should put up a picture of it. i love seeing bonsai-type m.j. plants.
PipeGnome

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Excellent work. And you have been correctly informed about the MH for growth and HPS to induce flowering (of course, along with the shortening of the light cycle and perhaps some diff. nutrients.

BTW are you familiar with http://www.Cannabisplanet.tv? Check it out some time. It is a very entertaining television show and has lots of adverts for MJ growing supplies and systems. You can watch all of the episodes online and Ed Rosenthal has an informative clip (growing tips) on every show. Cooking with Cannabis with Chef Mike, as well as legal/political analysis of the legalization movements throughout the U.S.. It's on television Friday and Saturday nights in SoCal.

Keep up the good work!

Oh, wait. Is this "spamming"? I mean its just a TV show . . . . Can I get a ruling here?
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:39 pm

That's not spam. I listen to NORML show live sometimes. It occurs daily from 1-2 PM PST (hosted in Portland Oregon). They run it via Stickam at http://stickam.com/normlshowlive

Every Wednesday they have a Q&A session with Dr. Mitch Earleywine. Right now they're talking about how you can't take marinol if you have a sesame seed allergy, or something (I missed the start), in which case natural cannabis is better.
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Thanks for the ruling, Ulm. The site looks interesting. I'll have to spend some time there.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Forgot to say, NORML show live archives their episodes and related articles and music at http://stash.norml.org/

You can find/download all previous episodes at http://www.norml.org/rss/normlaudiostash.xml (which means you can listen to today's show!)
Ulmdorgr

Postby RocketeerJim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Outstanding! I love reruns with my weed, cause I always forget what they're about and can watch them over and over!
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Unfortunately, they don't record the webcam. You might miss a little bit, but they usually don't do much on the camera (besides look at it). I recommend watching the real show because they have great pictures, and if you load up the chatroom you can see up to 6 other tokers lighting up at 4:20.
Ulmdorgr

Next

Return to Show Room