Trylski's Grow Log (Plant now dead)

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

Trylski's Grow Log (Plant now dead)

Postby Trylski » Wed May 05, 2010 9:29 am

Well she finally arrived today. 5th May 2010! She has been potted and covered using a clear plastic bottle cut off at one end. (until she gets settled.)

Plant is 9cm high at the moment. Im using a 30cm wide plastic pot with about a 50-50 mix of compost and soil. No extra lights or stuff. Will be using miracle grow soluble plant food; Uk NPK value are: 24-8-16 with trace amounts of chelated iron, boron and manganese.

Et voila!
Attachments
PICT0009.JPG
PICT0008.JPG
PICT0007.JPG
Last edited by Trylski on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trylski

Re: Trylski's Grow Log

Postby Ulmdorgr » Thu May 06, 2010 11:39 am

She's cute. What strain is she?
Ulmdorgr

Postby Trylski » Fri May 07, 2010 7:37 am

I think it's the wasson & hoffman strain. I got it from a website which is owned by a guy who runs several sites. He has two that sell salvia cuttings and one site says W&H so I guess it's that one.
Trylski

Postby Ulmdorgr » Fri May 07, 2010 10:27 am

Can you be more specific about the website? It's public, right? I'd like to put it up on where to get plants.
Ulmdorgr

Postby Trylski » Sat May 08, 2010 12:18 pm

http://www.plantsandcacti.com/

I wouldnt overly reccomend them. I tried to contact them numerous times but never got an answer. The phone numbers on the website don't work and nobody answers emails.

Still, plant arrived about 10 days after it was ordered and was well packed so I cant complain about that.
Trylski

Postby Ulmdorgr » Sat May 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Regardless of quality, it's important that people report their experiences with businesses. I've added them to the list.

Thank you and good luck!
Ulmdorgr

Postby Trylski » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Just an update to the grow log for this one, I have named her Jenavive, Thats the french sounding J not a hard "Juh". anyways All but two leaves died and I swapped her into a smaller pot so I could put my larger plant into the big pot. Same soil and set up as before. Couple of pics; Apologies for the aweful quality, was holding both plant and camera. Camera is cheap aswell.
Attachments
Jenna - 08-06-10.JPG
Jena 08-06-10.JPG
Trylski

Postby Trylski » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:45 am

Sadly I went away for the weekend and in that time the soil dried completely and she perished. She is now in the bin. There was no saving her the stem dried out completely
Trylski

Re: Trylski's Grow Log (Plant now dead)

Postby RocketeerJim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:26 am

I'm sorry to learn of Jenavive's demise. Do you mind if I ask, did you have any sort of humidity dome on her when you left for the weekend?
RocketeerJim

Postby Chewy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Im not tryin to pick on your plant so dont take this the wrong way. That was a weak ass plant. Not sure if it arrived like that but the stem looks like it was damping off. It happens to small plants who's soil is to wet. Lots of times it happens to seedlings. But i have seen it in salvia as well. Can be avoided by making sure you have a good air exchange and not over watering.

But on the flip side who ever sold that to you grows crap plants. I am well aware that it takes a second to get the hang of salvia growing. And i like to send out plants with established root systems that dont need humidity. Lots of people lose track of the fact that salvia only has to be in humidity tell its roots can grow and start to collect water. They like humidity but they dont need it.
Chewy

Postby Trylski » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:38 am

No it was a very tiny cutting when it arrived, and as far as rooted...barely a few tiny hairs. Yeah it was pretty weak, tbh it was my stupidity cos the soil was rather dry when I left saturday night.

@ Rocketeerjim; there was no dome on it.
Trylski

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:46 pm

RIP Jenavive. Better luck next time.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Show Room