Bob Smith is the greatest!

Reserved for grow logs - Plant Pictures/Videos

Bob Smith is the greatest!

Postby swatch » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:31 am

Hello forum members.

I just wanted to take a moment to publicly thank Bob Smith. I ordered some plants from him, and they arrived two days ago.

I have never seen such care go into shipping something. This man truly cares, and I can tell has a passion for botany!

I can only hope that with the love and attention I give to these new members of my home, that I do as good a job as Bob has. They were all so beautifully green and perky, even straight out of the packing container!

Bob also took the time to give me some pointers on how to make two other plants (that I didn't even purchase from him) healthy again!

So, thank you very much Bob. I don't know if he sells any other plants than Salvia Divinorum, but this is the guy to get them from!!

OH, I forgot to mention they were VERY affordable, too, as compared with online stores I've seen out there.
swatch

Re: Bob Smith is the greatest!

Postby RocketeerJim » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:37 pm

BOB ROCKS!!
Life is short and you only get one. It is yours so use it selfishly. Find your true path and follow it. Be true to your own convictions. And love each other.
RocketeerJim

Postby Ulmdorgr » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Swatch, could you go into detail on the packaging he used? I'm interested.
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Postby swatch » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Well, it was very intricate.

Each plant was individually wrapped.

They were in little plastic cups, with a gravel and soil mixture of some sort.
Then he put cotton balls around the top to keep everything damp (I presume), and then he used packing tape to seal it up. Next, he wrapped it in some type of paper that was similar to construction paper, only more durable. It was folded and stapled at the tops so that it maintained its shape and didn't bend. Finally, that paper was wrapped in wax paper.

I hope Bob doesn't get angry with me for describing his technique. I was just so impressed. It took me a little while to unwrap each plant, but that was fine to me. It was like christmas morning or my birthday. I had 4 presents to open! hehehe

Each of the plants were so green and perky. I transplanted them into my own pots as soon as I got them out of their packaging. They are doing ok right now. They lost a little of their perkiness, but that's because I don't know what the hell I'm doing yet. He gave me some pointers on getting started, including the use of a humidity tent. I was going to post some pictures of my setup, but I was embarrassed to because if Bob sees the plants he gave me, and they aren't as beautiful and healthy as he had them, he'll probably think "What an idiot this guy is! " hehehe Ok, maybe he won't think that, but until I get things rolling here, I don't want to show my plants.
swatch

Postby Ulmdorgr » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:35 am

Thanks dude, much appreciated. It's not like it's going to cut back on his profits. He will maintain good service regardless of competition and what we do here. It's just important when people are interested in shipping plants - we want to know the most effective way!
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.
Ulmdorgr

Return to Show Room